March 19, 2012

Hermit mode begins again

Lately, I've been back on the late night schedule of working from 10pm to about 6 or 7am. I dunno why, but for some reason it is easier for me to get a lot more work done during these hours of the day.

I still get out a little bit and see people to keep my sanity! :P But I've gotta say it's been nice seeing more getting done on my part with the weird hours!

Here's some panels of stuff I'm working on. I can't show all, but a little to entice!



And here's a little gif of how my roughs turn into my inks! 


That late nite schedule sometimes messes with me. I've been drink way way wayyyyy to much coffee, but I'm trying to get better about it. I gotta switch back to tea soon. This is how I feel as the night goes on and the cups keep getting brewed! 



Been using Manga Studio to ink digitally nowadays, and I gotta say it's been a big help for me. I love inking traditionally, but this program just allows me to move quicker. For the longest time, I was against doing things digitally, but I'm happy to say there's a nice flow to it. I can get things the way I want them to look and not get too stiff either. That was probably my biggest concern. I wanted to make sure pages seem as if they are still coming from human hands and not a machine. I dunno, I'm still learning all the tricks, but I like that I can still get a sketchy/loose look with it. 

If you haven't ever tried using it I would totally recommend it. It's reasonably cheap and you can do raster and vector drawing in it. 

Also I've been a fan of Pierre Alary's stuff for awhile. And whenever I get a chance to look at his blog it's super inspiring! If you aren't familiar with his stuff, go check it out! His Belladone books are some of my favorites! 

Here's a sample of how awesome he is!

 


He's got that perfect balance of realism and cartoony drawing that I strive for with my own stuff. He does action and drama super well! Gah! Gotta keep working at it to get to this level!

And as the weeks keep moving, I'm almost all ready for ECCC. I can't believe how quickly time flies! Where does the time go? I feel like I just got into Portland, but it's been a few months now. Jeez. Hope everyone had a safe and fun St. Paddy's day! :D

Also I am so so so pumped about this! MIB 3!




Have a great week y'all!

No comments: