March 1, 2012

End of my Internship!

They other day Jesse Hamm let me borrow Al Hirschfeld the Line King! It was so good and I'm such a huge fan of Hirschfeld's work! Here's an animated head at my attempt to get a little bit of that magical feel!



And here's an small bit on Youtube from the movie!




Another thing has been making it's way around the internet lately and is probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen!

It's from the artist of one of my favorite manga, Eyeshield 21, Yusuke Murata! Click on the link to check out his crazy way he's been doing a fun experimental comic while working also on his next series!

Also the Masters of Comic Art Vid has been uploaded to Youtube! Go watch it!



And as of today, my internship at Periscope studio is officially over.  I never thought I'd be able to have such a great time! Everyone in the studio was open and great to me! I have nothing bad to pull from my experience and fully encourage if you are interested in seeing what it is like in a studio full of professional full time cartoonists and writers working in the industry, apply for an internship at Periscope.

Though my internship is over, I am not done out here yet. I am staying in Portland until Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle at the end of March, where I'll be tabling with the Periscope folk! So please come by and get to meet all these great people!

The only thing I can say to the studio members is thanks again for making my experience wonderful! It was short but super sweet! :D

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments: